Isn't that so true? Every time I smell leather, I think of my dad's leather bomber jacket. Every time I smell freshly-cut grass, I'm transported back to second grade, looking out my schoolroom window at the men mowing and wishing I was running through the open fields. Don't even get me started on the smells coming from my mom's kitchen or newborn babies. My first perfume, Love's Baby Soft. Dr. Pepper Lip Smackers. I could go on and on.
my baby at three weeks old
Having a good-smelling home has become important to me. I want my husband to come home every day and say what he said to me this afternoon, "It smells like Christmas in here." Knowing that I'm turning our brick and mortar into a home is definitely a feather in my hat. I want my boys to grow up thinking of our home as a warm, delicious place where they love to be.
A couple of weeks ago, I received a big batch of Scentsy from Amanda Burns, a super-consultant (that's my title for her, not the official Scentsy-endorsed title, fyi).
Oh, girl. That stuff is the best! I know you probably already know that. Scentsy's no big secret, but it really has become my new favorite thing. I was a Scentsy virgin, ahem, and the very first brick I melted was Pumpkin Marshmallow. Mmmmm. It's sweet and coconutty. After riding his bike outside, my four year old came in and proclaimed, "Mama! I want to eat what I smell!" Love that.
So I ordered myself a few more burners and they're going non-stop around here.
For our bedroom...
1. I love Duke (might be my #1 fave)-- it's masculine and like a wonderful, woodsy cologne.
2. Luna is a close second. It's light and floral.
3. Weathered Leather is third. I'm in Texas. It's like a new pair of Cowboy boots. Or walking into the Coach store.
In the kitchen...
1. Sunkissed Citrus is fresh and bright and makes me feel happy.
2. Pumpkin Roll, Central Park Pralines and Sentimental Cider tie for second place. During the holidays, I love the smells of baked goods and Christmas spices. Yum!
The guest bath...
I try to save my lighter scents for the bathroom because it is a small, enclosed space and I don't want anything bold or overwhelming.
1. White-Out is a peppermint scent. I really like how crisp it is.
2. Home Sweet Home is light and smells like berries with a touch of cinnamon.
3. Autumn Sunset is also a spicy, cinnamon scent, but not too heavy.
Definitely do order with Amanda Burns. She's great to work with. You'll pay the same shipping no matter who you order from and I know you'll enjoy the super customer service you'll get with Amanda.
Check out her website here and her facebook page here.