Friend: "So... were you ever planning on putting pictures of it on your blog so I can see it?"
Me: "Well... it's not perfect yet."
And that got me thinking...
Is it ever going to be "perfect"? As soon as I have it just exactly right, the styles will change or we'll need to fix/replace something.
So I'm going to share what we've done so far. The progress. And I have to say that I'm pretty proud of the progress.
Sure, there are a few changes I want to make, like what to put over the couch (I have a few ideas swirling around in my head) and adding a rug (that won't be too scratchy for baby knees or too expensive for dirty boys, or ugly--I mean, that seriously limits my choices).
Here's the run-down so far:
1. We added built-in bookshelves (other than our kitchen countertops, this is the only thing we paid a professional to do).
2. Painted the walls the same color as the stenciled entryway.
3. Painted the fireplace white. When I say white, I mean white. It's currently just primed. But I really like how crisp it looks.
4. Bought thrift-store end tables and painted them with Krylon midnight blue.
5. Added accessories-- pillows, curtains, and other pretties. My favorites are the silverware that my late grandmother framed herself. I simply changed the trim. She was so creative and adventurous with decorating.
6. We also broke our cheap selves down and bought our first new TV. The old one was the kind that the kids knew not to touch because if it fell on one of them, they would be dead instantly. The picture was a little fuzzy in spots and the whole thing was about three feet deep. Yes, it was time.
Well, what do you think? Homier, isn't it?
Shared with: Miss Mustard Seed, Tatertots and Jello, Be Different Act Normal, Sugar Bee Crafts